[ST] tach vs speedos

Bare,

I disagree, about changing sprocket ratio's not affecting (RPM) or (MPH).
It will, although I don't know the technical reason to back me.  On my RS
with stock ratio of 19/43 I run 5000 RPM doing 86 MPH.  Now, like I said, I
don't know the theory behind it BUT I guarantee that if I change my ratio to
17/43 my RPM's will be higher at the same speed of 86 MPH.

Hence, with a 17/43 ratio, my MPH will be less doing 5000 RPM's or ii I
choose to go the same speed as before then my RPM's will be higher to do the
same 86 MPH as before.

I didn't say it wouldn't affect the RPM vs MPH you see, I said it wouldn't
affect the tach. You intimated that the tach would read differently (tach
error?). The RPM on the tach vs engine speed is the same, the speedo is
changing because the gearing is different. The speed is down, the RPM is the
same. The tach is unaffected by gearing changes.
Bare