[ST] Euro Trip

Hey Kids--I am heading to Yurp in the end of Sept and will be in southern Germany with a possible loop that includes Switzerland and/or Austria. I am contemplating riding for a day. Any suggestions? I will be based east of Stuttgart in Esslingen. Any suggestions for routes and bike rentals? What gear would YOU take if this was a POSSIBILITY?

  The other option is for some climbing or skiing. Anyone have any leads on if the glaciers are skiable in early Oct? I know wrong listserve for that question...thoguht I would ask.
  Todd