Re: [ST] Tiger 1050

On 8/23/06, Bil Swartz <bil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Dan Wetherington wrote:
> Ditto, hoping my initial impression of it being a Strom clone is wrong.

Strom clone sounds very generalizing to me. If that's a Strom clone,
than the Sprint is a VFR or ST4 clone. The Strom has a double
underseat pipe, styling which still tends towards the offroad theme
(Tiger more toward TDM900 than VStrom in that respect) and not
to mention the V twin engine versus the inline triple.

TDM clone would be a bit more justified though. TDM has an inline
twin and is also, like the 1050cc Tiger styling, aimed at purely (badly)
paved asphalt roads and sporty performance.

Emile
www.piloot.com