Re: [ST] ST alternatives

I have owned both, and there is something to note. The old VFR was a
great bike, mine was a '94 750F, very much comparable to my '01 ST.
That is the bike that the ST had as a target when designed, it seemed
to me, and what a great target to go for.  The ST has a nicer motor,
not as nice gearbox, but it is all around better than the old VFR
because it is a newer design.  I bought the VFR because of a great but
short lived ownership of an interceptor. These were both hondas with
lots of soul and personality.  I don't need to tell you about the
buckets of it that the ST has as well.  2 years ago I went to look at a
new VFR, I thought it looked great, and the ST was pissing fuel at the
time so I was mad and thinking of replacing it, even though It was only
a year old.  I was all exited about the new VFRs solid colors, and lack
of goofy graphics, and the space fighter looking pipes. It made my ST
look kind of old.  Then I drove it and could not have been more
disappointed.  It felt heavier, sounded whiny and I kept on bogging the
engine down from not downshifting enough, I guess I was used to the ST
already. Main thing, it just did not feel "special" to me, it is a very
nice bike, but it just does not have the personality my old VFR did. It
seemed to me that it is a completely different class of bike
completely.  After trying a very used FJR1300 and and a Concours, I
went home, gave my ST a big hugh, and still have it. After 3 years with
it, I am in no hurry to replace it anymore, and actually gave it a nice
custom paint job for this season.

Rolo
'01 ST Candy wine red
'96 Daytona 1200 Yellow and Black