Re: [ST] chain guide needed - quick!

Bil Swartz wrote:
> I don't think the shock is blown Blake, or I'd have been able to sack it
> out by pulling down on the tail while someone else was sitting on it,
> dontcha think?

IMHO, no. In a static situation (like you described) the shock doesn't
really play a part. You and your buddy were just trying to compress the
spring.

The shock works to minimize the amount of oscillation in the spring as
road forces are transmitted through the rear swingarm. If the shock
isn't doing its job, there's nothing to slow the momentum of the spring
being compressed (or expanded), and your overall range of suspension
travel will be longer than desired (a/k/a bouncy, wallowy ride).

Not to say that your shock's really blown, though. I'd bet your
eccentric's probably adjusted the wrong way.
- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA