Re: [ST] The Education of Devil Dawg (part 1)

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 06:03:29PM -0500, Steve Lawler wrote:
> Oh what a week to learn things. I already posted what I learned on
> Wednesday morning then on Wed. afternoon we learned that we had
> squirrels living in our eaves. On Friday we learned that our boiler has
> a crack in it.

Squirrels I'm familiar with.  Boilers I've heard of but never seen.
Still, sorry to hear about both.

> back out and checked for leaks again. There was a small puddle of oil
> under the rear tire! I traced it up to the side arm then back to a
> rubber tube in front of the rear shock. This tube disappears under the
> fuel tank. I suspect that the oil is coming out of this tube because
> the bike was on its side for a little while and this is a breather
> tube of sorts and running the engine for a while forced the oil to
> flow out the tube. Am I correct in my assumption?

Oil went up the breather into the airbox and then down this drain tube.
Probably just residual stuff and won't happen again.

> Is this tube in the correct place?

Yes, it's placed there for optimum swingarm dirtiness.  You can re-route
it to wherever.

Laters,
Brian
- --