RE: Off Topic - Bike to Bike Communication

>A.	Chatterbox -

Richard & I tried the older version of these.  They were ultimately worthless
over 30 mph!  On our trip last year to Utah (from Texas), Richard was 1/4-1/2
mile ahead of me, within my sight, and he couldn't hear me tell him I needed
to stop because I had a cramp in my leg!!  We were happy  to get rid of these!

>C.	Autocom -

We have this with the 2 watt radios.  You'll have to check on licensing across
the pond on the radios ;-).  This is a VAST improvement over the Chatterboxes.
 We also have a friend on the list, Rick Paukert, who will occasionally use
his FRS with us. The range is not as good as with the 2 watt radios, but the
clarity, when within range, is much better than the Chatterbox. I occasionally
have to play with the sensor for my VOX as it doesn't like higher pitched
voices, but overall we have been very satisfied.  You can talk clearly (if you
want to) when you are doing triple digits.  Of course, you don't need to be
saying much at those speeds!  "Normal" highway speeds are fine.  Gone are the
days of doing multiple gyrations in the hope that the rider in front will see
you and know you need to stop . . . . .

I know the Autocom is expensive, but we do not regret outfitting two bikes
with the system!  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to e-mail us
directly!

Lisa