Re: [St] ST replacement

At 02:30 PM 3/19/2008, you wrote:

>Like in cars, models get larger and larger over time, and eventually replace
>the model above them.  Then a new model comes out in smaller size.  Like the
>Daytona 675.  Or the Toyota Yaris replacing the Corolla.  Has anyone heard
>of a Daytona 1050 beyond rumor?  Maybe its one of the 22.
>
>I suspect that we may see the ST go away and be reborn as a 675 model or
>just get morphed into an FJR type.  I agree with you that there really
>wouldn't be much sense in having two 1200cc sport tourers even if one is
>more sporty, and the other more toury.
>
>For me, a Sprint 675 w/ 2 bags would be an ultimate commuter bike for day to
>day riding that could easily handle longer runs.
>
>--Joel

I agree with you, I think there is plenty of room in the triumph
lineup for both a sprint st and big full tilt tourer (I'm sorry but
anything more than a Honda ST or FJR13 ilk is not a tourer, it's a
two wheeled car!!)
I doubt very much that Triumph would throw away the ST and abandon
ST-type potential customers, just to chase down the more touring
shaftie crowd.

But then again Honda had an Iron clad, titanium framed VFR following
and screwed that up by introducing the VTEC generation bike instead
of bigger motored VFR.
I truly love my 800 (which is really a 780cc motor) and will probably
never sell it, but I do want a bigger Sporttourer (for more 2-up
riding, and other stuff). That is why I'm dead set on the purchase of
the 1050 Sprint.
Its about as close to a bigger VFR as I can come at this moment,
which is just what I want.

So I kind of doubt that the trophy will be a replacement for the Sprint ST.

But hey maybe we should all let our Triumph contacts know that we
like the ST the way it is and don't want a Shaftie Tourer.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"