Re: [St] 675 Tiger

Heck, I'd be happy to test ride one for them. Lots of
off road opportunities here in the Pacific Northwest.

Ed Mallett
03 Sprint ST
Tillamook, OR

BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx[mailto:BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx]
>Sent    : 8/1/2008 7:26:56 PM
>To      : ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Cc      :
>Subject : RE: Re: [St] 675 Tiger
>
 >I know Triumph have said that they are done with
off road bikes.. but they
say a lot of stuff just to keep us guessing and
interested.

IMHO the 675 motor is a class leader and lends itself
nicely to a number of
applications. A mid weight tourer is one that springs
to mind.

The other is a mid weight off road bike, with true
off road capability and a
centre of gravity as low as possible, while
maintaining reasonable ground
clearance. A tough compromise I know, however, done
well this bike would be a real
competitor to the likes of KTM & BMW. If the 675
motor in this application
was tuned for bottom end, mid range and as much
torque as possible, mounted in a
capable frame, it would make for a great "adventure
tourer", as the catagory
is now known.The ability to be able to carry a high
fuel load would also be a
great advantage. Anyone who has seen where the BMW
GS's and KTM 990 etc can go
will know what I mean.

Maybe if we keep talking about it, or even offer our
services to Triumphs R&D
dept we might see something emerge???

Brett