Re: [St] Trailer Question

Jeremy Witt wrote:
> I have it on a very trusted authority that a Honda with a "1000lb"
> rating can easily handle 1500lbs.
>
> My old 98 Prelude pulled the "leaden" Harbor Freight trailer with two
> Hawks from NH to GA and back, and had no issue with the steep
> Appalachian roads.
> Granted it had a 200hp motor, but the hills were effortless.
>
> That is why I've been looking at superlight trailers.  I see no point in
> buying a hearty tow-capable vehicle for the few days a year I would need
> it.
>
> And I'm cheap.  (This is where Kevin chimes in, usually)
Makes sense.  Just wanted to be sure you knew what you were getting
into...  I haven't bought a trailer yet for the very same reason.
However, the kids are getting bigger, and it would be nice to be able to
throw bikes (or dirt bikes) and camping gear in a trailer rather than in
the mini-van when we go on vaca.  Just got an older Mini-trail from a
co-worker (borrowing and maintaining) and the kiddos are pumped.  My 3
yr old asks me almost every day if we can go ride it...