[ST] Soft tail bag for ST 1050

I just joined the Sprint ST list this week after I ordered a 2007 ST. I'm trading in my 2000 Trophy for the ST. The test ride on a 2006 ST caused me to lose all restraint and I had to have an ST. I love my Trophy and put 20,000 miles on it (I know, that's not that many) but the ST is a great ride and great looking.

My question is has anyone with a newer ST with the exhaust under the seat tried a soft tail bag and strapped it to the seat by running bungees or straps under the exhaust? That has got to be too hot for straps under the exhaust. I take a lot of trips, but I'm not buying the top box for the ST. I want to use some kind of soft bag on the back instead. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff Joiner, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Current (but soon former) BRG 1200 Trophy rider and soon to be the owner of a '07 Red ST.