[ST] 10 000km motor problems

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while! Please help me out with some ideas here:

A good friends 2005 Sprint RS is now laid up at the agents, with the motor
competly stripped waiting for a new oil pump.

The sorry tale goes like this: It went in for a 10 000km service, with no
signs of a problem and the motor running sweet. Jon looks after his stuff
-no track days etc.

He gets the bike back and on the way home the oil light starts to come on at
idle, so he took the bike back.

They checked it out, diagnosed a faulty oil pressure sender, ordered a new
one and told him the bike was fine to ride.

1000kms later the new sender arrives, gets fitted, and guess what -the light
still comes on at idle.

the Agents then test the pressure again, and this time diagnose an oil pump
problem at low revs.

The motor has now been completly stripped under a warranty claim, I had a
look at it, everything on the bottom and top is off, you can see the crank:
no bearings etc. The problem was apparently a stuck pressure relief valve.

The agents maintain the motor is fine, no damage to the beariongs, camshaft
etc, and that it will be as good as new when it comes back topgether.

Here's my worry: will it be much good after such drastic surgery to a new
motor? Does their story make sense or is it a cover up?

I'm thinking they might have fired up the motor during the service with no
oil in it.

thanks

Marc
Cape Town