[ST] Utah trip and other stuff

Our recent trip to Utah to see the AMA races at Miller Motorsports park is
now in the books.  We took the long way home (not long enough!)  and managed
to find the Mormon cricket infestation between Eureka and Austin Nevada.  It
was gross and really smelled horrible, with all the smashed bodies on the
road.

The trip was fairly uneventful, if you don't count the pea sized hail near
Alpine Wyoming on June 14th   (or the flat tire in SLC).  We had to pull
over and wait because it was so thick hitting the faceshields it was
impossible to see.  And very slippery too.

Spent a couple days in Logan Utah visiting my brother, then headed for Salt
Lake City on Friday June 16th.  Went to the racetrack on Saturday and was a
bit disappointed that they had no motorcycle-only parking.   Also, the
grandstands are so far back from the track that even with my binoculars it
was hard to see the numbers.    But, hey, it was motorcycle racing and I do
love it.   It is obvious that they are still working on the facility and I'm
sure by next year it will be much nicer.  Am a bit spoiled by the track at
Laguna Seca, at least IMO it is fairly spectator friendly.

Anyway, we missed the Sunday races because when we went out to leave,  my
riding partner's '04 Honda ST 1300 had a flat rear tire.  He had picked up a
screw and a nail.  So we spent the rest of the day patching the tire so we
could ride home to Oregon.  To make this long story shorter, we made it
home, but since one of the holes was near the sidewall, that tire was
retired today!!  Amazingly, the tire change back to a tire that still has
about 2500 miles of tread went smoothly and quickly on our new No Mar tire
changer.  This is not a commercial, just satisfied consumers, so far.

All in all, it was a good trip,  and I look forward to the next road
adventure, which may start as soon as Monday!  Retirement is great!

Ride safe all,

Beckie, back in Oregon for now

'01 Sprint ST brg, now over 61K

Okay, I do confess we did get speeding tickets going up Lolo Pass on the
Idaho side.  It was worth it, but I'm still pissed.