Re: [ST] SPEED / TOLL CAMERA BEATER

G'day folks - Harry / OZ.

We have many toll roads that have camera rear licence plate
detectors. We dont have front licence plates. I have a toll
tag in my car that most times I take with me on the bike.
Sometimes - I forget.. I have found that (with no pillion
or bags) I can hang my left foot over the left rear blinker
and my boot covers the licence plate.

At 5'8" it's easy, if you are taller, would be very easy,
if your much shorter than 5"8" bad luck..

So far I have not had any problems or letters from the toll
collectors. They get a good pic of my back and my boot -
but no licence plate..  Of course ;) - I would never do
that when going thru a speed camera - but the principal is
the same....

Of some passing interest is the USA vernacular. In recent
mail we have seen:
Will be routing for you
Will be pulling for you
Fanny pack
Maybe some others I dont recall.
These terms have a fastly different meaning in OZ that is a
bit amusing.
Cheers folks -  stay cool / Harry Red 02 ST - still going
strong - 45k klms - none of the idle problems mentioned -
so far :)