Re: [ST] Ten Best Bikes 2006

I can sort of understand the premium based on what they contain and offer (aside from looks).  I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and its importance varies with people....

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Matt Knowles <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 6, 2006 8:22:31 PM
Subject: Re: [ST] Ten Best Bikes 2006

On Jun 6, 2006, at 4:24 PM, Matthew Heyer wrote:

> EEWWWW!!  so Ugly!  I even like the R1200ST, and love the K1200s.  But
> that GT is just bland looking with solid fairings that look like barn
> doors....

So that brings up a good point. What do you say to a good friend who
just spent $20K on a new Beemer (happens to be an R1200RT) when you
consider it to be butt ugly? Geez I hate trying to lie...

That EEWWWW!! So Ugly! has been my reaction to most of the latest
Beemers. It just amazes me that people pay a price premium for these
things.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned