[ST] Bungee hook attachments....

Here is prolly the best under $5 mod you can do to
your bike ( except possibly that John Deere O ring..):

If you are not using your tail cowl, go to the
hardware store ( I know SearsHardware  has them, in
their little nuts and bolts and things aisle), and buy
two, hmm, I dont know exactly what to call these
things....they are bolts that replace the cowl
mounting bolts, but have a big plastic knurled head,
about 1/2 inch round and a 1/2 inch deep. Also get a
few large flat washers to place between these things
and the seat, and presto, you have bungee mounts. I
usually use these in conjunction with my rear grab
rail to attach an RKA tail bag. If its just a day ride
and there might be rain, I will bungee a rain jacket
down under it. It has worked well, never come loose,
never marked the seat , and switches back to stock in
less than a minute. It also does not interfere with
hanging off and other such antics...

Give it a try !

John