Re: [ST] for Marc -

----- Original Message ----
From: Emile Nossin <Emile@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 5, 2006 8:48:27 PM
Subject: Re: [ST] for Marc -

>> Ken already mentioned the lean angle
>> you already could have when lowsiding

Correct - this would only help to soften the blow as the bike has less distance to fall

>>(so basically the centripetal
>>force that was counteracting gravity).

Again softening the blow, except that in a low side the bike has lost its traction that acted as a pivot point to balance the centripetal force and gravity

>>But if at least one wheel
>>is still turning you also have (here we go again) the precession
>>force of the wheels that will want to resist the lean change
>>(the gyroscopic "stability", which is actually more "extreme
>>neutrality" since it is a retarding / resisting force, not a
>>stabilizing one).

I'm not sure where this comes into play going around a curve once traction is lost and the bike is falling/sliding from loss of traction.

Matt Heyer