Re: [ST] Gen Bar Risers - comments after 2100 miles

G'day folks - Red 02 ST. (now 46,000 klms)

Recently did a 3500 klm (2100 mile) trip in 5 days. Had
just put the Genbar risers on before the trip - made a big
difference to my comfort - but I felt the bike did not get
into the corners as well. I'm a young 51 y/o but the lean
angle being just that bit less made for effortless long
days in the saddle.  I'm 5'9", weight about 160 lbs, and
find that they suite me just fine.

The risers I got (E`bay) are 32mm (say 1+1/4 inch) I
suggest you investigate the height of the risers and what
ridding position that will put you in. ie: Wind buffet. For
mine, as I do mostly short or long country trips I find
them a great improvement, if I ever get tired of them the
change back takes only a few minuets.

As I am in Sydney OZ - I dont have heated grips, not really
any need,  so can't comment on that.  Your bike year can
make big difference - I think if you have a pre 02 you need
to change your front brake lines - not sure about the
clutch cable.

Cheers / Harry.