Re: [ST] Another low speed fall...

Al,
Hope the flight back was good.  Wish the plastics were
made indestructable or cheap or just removable to make a
clean naked.  But it is hard to beat the ST for comfort
and all around use.

Uneventfull trip home through Kentucky, VA and West Va.
 Roads were great and no rain, but not as great as the
ones on the way down.  Hard to beat Rt 33 in WV and an
awesome ride on Rt 16 in Va from Tazewell south.

Compared to the hail storm on the Cherohala Skyway in TN
where the Tiger of the group went for an unplanned off
road adventure tour due to 1 1/2" of hail all over the
road for about 200 yards and the thunder and lightening
storm on top of the mountains, the ride home was pretty
good - except for the wallet I lost.

Laid it on the seat after filling up at a gas station in
TN and we started to look at some maps, after folding the
map and stuffing it in my tank bag, I jumped on the bike
and took off - forgetting all about the wallet.  When we
checked into a motel that night, my buddy used his credit
card, so I still didn't know I had lost my wallet.  When
we got in the room, I saw I had a message on my cell phone
and called to retrieve it.  It was my wife telling me I
had lost my wallet and a couple in Kingston, TN found it
and I should call them.  Gave them a call and found out
they were Harley riders, saw my wallet on the entrance
ramp to I-40, stopped, picked it up and saw my AMA card,
and knew a motorcyclist had lost it.  They walked up and
down the ramp gathering my cards and money and then went
home, looked me up on the internet and called my house.
 All cards were accounted for and as far as I knew all the
$$ as well.  They mailed my wallet to me.  AND I TAKE BACK
ALL THE BAD THINGS I EVER SAID ABOUT HARLEY RIDERS --
 WHAT A GREAT PAIR OF MOTORCYCLISTS!!.

If anyone on the list gets a chance to see a World
Championship Observed Trials, do not miss it.  Also, if
you are ever near Birmingham, the Barber Motorsports
Museum is a MUST!!

2203 miles and back home
Dave Bardell
01 ST