From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Todd J
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 11:35 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Diesel

With a grease (cooked cooking oil) conversion kit you are running
straight cooking grease (or uncooked oil) but you have to preheat the
system to get the motor to the proper running temp to burn that as fuel.
Also, the jets need to be purged with diesel prior to shutting off the
motor or it wont start.

  Wouldn't it be charming to get used oil from the local McD's
restaurant?

Barry Croft <barrycroft@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I just thought I'd chip in, to let you guys know I'm still alive!

There was a sinbgle-cylinder diesel bike tried in the UK a few years
back. Top speed about 50mph and 0-60 ... never! Does anyone know what
became of it?

Diesel costs more than petrol in the UK, but not by much. Maybe GBP 1.05
per litre compared to 0.95. But I've met a couple of people now who are
dodging the heavy tax on pump diesel by either making their own (there
are recipes on the web) or - even simpler - by cutting regular disel
with straight cooking oil. Apparently you can mix Tesco's budget cooking
oil with regular diesel 50:50 and most engines will run fine on it. The
cooking oil is half the price.......

Barry
2000 RS