From: Jonathan
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:10:44 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] Headlight adjustment

When I got my 03 ST the beams were pretty much pointing at the ground (so
much for proper set up from that dealer!). I took one of those tiny 3 inch
ratchets and a 10 mm socket and had no problem sliding my hand in and
adjusting the beams up. Just take your time. For measuring, I aimed my
bike at my garage wall at an approximate distance equivalent to the MA state
inspection distance and would do an adjustment, sit on the bike turn the key
on and see and repeat until desired results. I did both beams at the same
time by counting the number of turns on the ratchet - it was close enoungh.
You need to recheck when it is dark and also take a few laps around the
block to fine tune it. Just make sure you do not go too high or you will
piss off the cages and won't pass inspection if they check that where you
live.

Jonathan