From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc Van Est
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:02 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Higher RPM for racing?

Audi have just won Le Mans with a low revving diesel race engine.

It has MASSIVE torque, and required a special gearbox to handle it .

The other plus was lower fuel consumption so fewer pit stops.

I think lower revving bike race engines might still see the light of
day, but in turbo diesel because of the bigger potential for torque
gains.

All they have to do is solve the weight problem.

Cheers

Marc