Re: [ST] Rear wheel removal

I just changed the rear tire on my '01 a few weeks ago.  I just removed the clip.  Put the socket on the nut as far as it would go, applied pressure turned the nut and then took the tire off.  My socket doesn't fit flush, but it had enough bite to allow me to take it off.

  Good luck!

  Tom

Marc Van Est <MarcVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi All,

I did 160kms around Killarney race track yesterday, and the rear tyre on
my Daytona is now well and truly shagged. Also used 15 litres of fuel to
do 164kms -scary.

I got 6800kms out of the BT010, which is probably fair given my riding
style.

Here's my problem -I have a stand, and can borrow the 46mm socket, plus
a torque wrench from a friend. He needs a new back tyre too, so we'll
help each other get the wheels off.

We've had a good look at the nut holding on my ssw back wheel, and only
about 5mm protrudes.

ON my friends bike -a Sprint RS, which has exactly the same rim and
swing arm, it's the same.

There is a spring "circlip" holding the nut, then the nut, then what
looks like a big plastic or aluminium washer/ dust seal.

The seal prevents getting the socket on far enough to get a good grip.

It looks like the nut is holding the seal in place, i.e. we cant clip it
off: is that right?

We either have to get the washer/ seal off, or get the 46mm socket
machined to fit right up to the edge of the socket.

Any advise?

Thanks

Marc