Re: [ST] Starter button issue

In my view the best way to protect against this fault if it hasn't
happened to someone already, is to splint the connection with a short
length of plastic etc. so that the flexing due to bar rotation is moved
to the insulated part of the cable where it can withstand the action.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> dew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 20/08/2006 03:43:30 >>>
I remember quite a few people talking about the wire break that
prevents
the starter button from working.  Well, its happened to my 03 Sprint
now...  After dealing with it for a few days (will only start when the
bars are turned full right), I took it to the local dealer today, as
its
under warrantee until November.  Turns out there's no easy fix, its
the
main wiring harness.  They're ordering it and hopefully it will be in
mid-week so I can get it fixed.  I think its interesting that, if the
bike hadn't been under warantee, I would have fixed the issue already
(in part thanks to knowledge from this list).

On a side note, I found that the service manager at my local dealer
(MCC
in Villa Park, IL) is different from the last guy I talked to there,
and
is now the 3rd one in the last two years.  I guess its a stressful job
(?).

Dan

www.packereng.com