Re: [ST] Helmet Recommendations for Headset

I have a long, oval shaped head and most always find that a Shoei
fits me well. I don't do well with the fit of an Arai, and a Bell is
just to round for me. I'm currently using an X-11 in Axis Yellow,
which matches my '04 Daytona 955i & '00 Sprint RS, both yellow, and
doesn't look bad when I'm on my Aztec Red KLR650, which has a splash
of yellow on the tank. I call it "miss me yellow", because so far
they have. Anyway, being a ham radio operator who supports public
service events (charity walks, runs, marathons, bike rides, etc),
often on a m/c, I don't think I could do without my Autocom system. I
believe that I used pressure on a spoon to compress some of the liner
foam, where the speakers needed to be for my ear location, before
installing them. They are right against my ears, which is where they
really need to be, but not uncomfortably so. I did have to adjust
them a time or two to find the sweet spot for both feel and sound.
Maybe your buddy could try the next size up and fit the thicker cheek
pads and such to get a good fitting helmet with a bit more room for
the speakers. The system is well worth the effort it may take to get
things installed comfortably. Or he may have to be a bit more
aggressive and/or creative in making room for them. Being able to
remove liner pads and such is one of the beauties of the Shoei design.

Dennis
Scottsdale, AZ