Re: [ST] Is it time for the Insurance thead yet?

In a previous email, Al Garvin stated:
> I think these guys are all ex-used car salesmen.

Of course. Vehicle insurance is nothing more than mandatory legalized
gambling and we all know that the house always wins.

If the insurance is mandatory than how come I have a line on my policy
for coverage against uninsured drivers? "Hey, if way can't get anything
out of the scofflaws, let's go after the law-abiding citizens."

The New Jersey insurance industry is so buggered up that companies are
leaving left and right. We had been with State Farm for a few years.
When our older two boys (18 y.o. now) were getting their licenses State
Farm quoted us over $12,000 for just one minivan and a sedan. We started
shopping around and it is incredibly difficult to get a quote, never
mind the actual insurance. Our boys didn't have their licenses yet but
they had to have a license to get a quote and they had to have insurance
before they could get a license. We eventually switched companies and
are now paying about $6,000. But that company is pulling out of New
Jersey. If the situation doesn't improve by time our youngest is through
college (14 y.o.) we will be pulling out too.

The bikes are still with State Farm. They were the cheapest company that
we could find that will actually insure a motorcycle. I think that there
are less than five that do.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth
formerly of Hartford, Connecticut, the former "Insurance Capitol of the
World"

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"There ought to be one day-- just one-- when there is open season on
senators."
            -- Will Rogers