Re: [ST] AAARRRGGGHHH !!!!!!

>I'm sorry but I'm having trouble sympathizing with
>you. You do sign Dallas Tejas and I currently can't
>leave the driveway in less than 4WD in MD. I'm stuck
>sitting on the bikes going VROOOM VROOOM. And I'm
>praying for a day in the balmy 40's. Can't even get
>the bike to the new tire at the shop.
>
>Well I succeeded in bring myself to tears again.
>
>Martin
>01 St (Blue)

Martin, I sure weren't lookin for any 'sympathy', I love Tejas, and it's
pert near perfect down here year 'round (if you consider perfect, 110f in
the summer, but lots and lots of open roads).  I ride in anything above
freezing, and sometimes below that, if it's sunny and dry.

Lowest temp I've ever ridden in; commute to work, was 12f and snow on the
ground (Oklahoma).  Highest temp I've ridden in, on tour, 118f, right here
in Tejas.  I've ridden thru hail (that hurts), and fog so thick you could
not see the taillight of the bike in front, even at 5 ft. (scary), I've
ridden thru tornados, (didn't realize it at the time), and cross winds out
in the Tejas panhandle of 60mph, with gusts above that (!)  I've been in
rainstorms that had semi's and police cars pulled over to wait it out, (why
stop on a bike??), and one time the lightening was so bad we pulled into a
rest stop, only to discover that it was a metal roof, with metal poles
holding it up!  Time to move on.

And I also ride on the I-635 loop around Dallas, during rush hour.  That may
be the scariest of all :))
500,000 SUV's and Pick-Up Trucks all on their cell phones, at 85mph.  The
only defense is to do 95mph and WEAVE.  A moving target is more difficult
for them to hit.

Sorry for the tears, Martin, spring is just around the corner, bro' ,
really, here in Tejas it should be here in about 6 wks, then the temps will
quit hovering in the 40's and get back into the 70's

happy trails,

STeve duncan
eLDonut
dallas, tejas

"many things were left undone, and many things were lost"
(unknown motorcyclist, on the side of the road)