From: Ken Mitchell [mailto:kp.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 7:46 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Advice Needed - Seats!!

>>buy a Mayer or a Russell (TRULY ugly, but functional.)

Ken M.
'00 RS
Spenc

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C3E292.9402CD20

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [ST] Advice Needed - Seats!!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Yes, the Russell seat does have a reputation of being =
&quot;butt ugly&quot;, but that is easily overlooked after one long =
trip. I was having a very difficult time after even a relatively short =
ride on the stock seat.&nbsp; Did not try a Seargent, but did try the =
&quot;stock&quot; Corbin for the Sprint.&nbsp; I found that it moved my =
seating position back a few inches which would not work for me, and =
from my understanding there is no option here in regard to sitting =
position.&nbsp; I tend to hug the tank.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Test ride on the Russell was a 2200 mile ride from =
Western NC to Key West and back over Thanksgiving...butt discomfort was =
simply a non issue.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have actually become accustomed to the appearance =
of the seat..it really doesn't look too bad on the Sprint. I have been =
meaning to send Russell a picture to put on their web page; it is void =
of Triumphs. If anyone would like to see a picture, I would be glad to =
email you one.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>As a matter of introduction, I live in Asheville, NC =
and have a little over 20k on my year old (01) BRG Sprint.&nbsp; (Also =
have a 01 Bonneville to putt around on.) I have made most of the =
modifications (Race Tech, Gen Mars, 18 t., Sky King extenders, etc) =
discussed here on the list and am very pleased with this bike.&nbsp; =
Thanks for all the experience yall have shared...</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Will Lentz</FONT>
</P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Ken Mitchell [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:kp.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxx";>mailto:kp.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxx</=
A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 7:46 AM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: RE: [ST] Advice Needed - Seats!!</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&gt;buy a Mayer or a Russell (TRULY ugly, but =
functional.)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Ken M.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>'00 RS</FONT>