[ST] Insurance Quotes (Sprint vs Daytona)

I've been considering getting a Daytona as a sportier replacement for my RS (someday). I was bored at lunch, so I went to the Progressive web site and punched up some quotes with $250 deductable (comp&coll), 100K/300K on me, uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist. Included road service too. Oh, I'm 43, married, own home, live in western PA, no tickets/claims. The results:

2002 Sprint RS - $442 (what I'm paying now I think)
2002 Daytona 955 - $1022
2004 Daytona 955 - $1572

I wanted to see how much the difference in years made for the RS as I was astounded by the rates for the Daytona.

2004 Sprint RS - $446

So, I guess the Daytona is considered some kind of hyper-sport bike, likely to be crashed by its squidly owner as the collision portion of the $1572 was over $1000.

Shoot, with the money you save on insurance over a couple years you can add an exhaust can, Race Tech mods on the forks, Ohlins shock, and more. I'm beginning to really appreciate the bang-for-the-buck my RS has...

Garry