[ST] RE: oil filter wrench discussion

<<
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Steven Kohlscheen wrote:

>Had a similar experience with the last K&N oil filter I tried.  The
>threaded hole was visibly oversized(found this after trying it), and
>although it would thread on, it wouldn't seal.  I don't love oil all over
>my floor(yeah, I know, you were using something called sarcasm, but I'm
>still bitter about this event :) ).  Infact it's confirmed my belief that I
>will be only investing in OEM replacement filters, because they haven't
>proven to have quality control issues.

Which K&N oil filter are you guys using that doesn't seat properly?  I
just put one on The Boss's viffer, I think it was a #303 IIRC but will
have to check.  I thought I'd read somewhere that viffer and ST oil
filters are the same so was thinking about trying a K&N...if there is a
number that doesn't fit help me avoid a mess!

I didn't notice the part number, just that it was the one intended for the
Triumph.  According to the parts monkey behind the counter at the Triumph
dealer.  Use at own risk, YMMV, etc, etc, etc

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen