Re: [ST] oil filterwrench discussion

<When I came back out I was horrified to see what looked like a quart of
oil on the ground under the bike.>

i went to lunch in Dallas a coupla weeks back with a gathering of the
Motorcycle Tourers Forum - serious long distance guys, several Iron Butt
Rally finishers, including some of the female persuasion. semi-typical:
one guy rode to the lunch from New Jersey, in January, and rode home next
morning - straight through both ways.

in an unbelievably effective classic spoof, one of the guys poured a bit
of oil under the engine of a leader's BMW GS. the owner spent half an hour
crawing all over the GS, with a dozen onlookers who knew the oil was not
from the bike quietly chortling and trying to keep a straight face. we
were suggesting spectroscopic analysis, fairing removal, running the
engine under load ['maybe it's power related - try putting the wheel
against the wall and letting the clutch part way out'].

the game was finally up when someone broke out laughing.

don't nobody do this to me, i was NOT the instigator. this time.

bp