Re: [ST] Wheelies

Mick wrote:

> Gearing and weight distribution Garry.  Lower the gearing and try not
> to *lean* on the bars.

Also interestingly I've found low revs really help on my S3. If I start at
4500rpm + then it's quite hard to get the front up and you have to get
really aggressive with the throttle. But if I start as low as about 3000rpm
it will just float up beautifully on the torque. You don't even need to slam
it open, just roll it on fairly quickly and she'll pop up as high as you
want.

The only second gear wheelies I've done is coming out of corners. There's
nothing like the feeling of standing her on the back wheel while still
cranked over for the corner :-)

I've got a mate on another S3 who can pop it up at ~100km/h (60mph) in
second though so I know it can be done. He also does rolling stoppies from
about 100km/h, don't you hate people like that? ;-)

Phil
'02 S3 (Black)
Formerly '00 ST (Sapphire Blue)