RE: [ST] Service

Well, at the time, the closest "authorized" Triumph service dealership
SUCKED!  Not just Triumph, but any brand.  The service department was the
worst.  I don't have a trailer, nor was I willing to drive 2.5 hours to
bring it to a Triumph dealer.  Hence my comment "probably got better work
too".

That statement was in reference to my local, crappy, dealer.  Had I driven
2.5 hours I know I would have gotten the best service possible because that
dealer has one of the best Triumph tech's in Florida.  However I would have
been paying $75/hour.

So yeah I did compromise, but only in the computer tuning area.  But IMO it
was a safe, worthy, compromise and I'm pretty anal about taking care of my
motorcycle's.

I had a 1987 Yamaha Radian up north.  I never winterized it.  I kept a full
tank of fresh gas in it and ran it twice a month regardless of the weather.
I'd run it several times around the block even if it was 0 degrees.  Used
Golden Spectro 10W30 in the winter and 20W50 in the summer.  Changed the oil
every 4000 miles.

Traded it in in 1994 for a Honda GL1500SE (Goldwing, that is) and kept that
in tip top shape until I sold it in 1997.  So I am confident that my RS is
in in very good mechanical shape.