[ST] 12k Service and/or Race-Tech Gold

Ok,  I've finally hit 12k on my ST and took it in to the dealer for service.
  After being quoted $150 for the service and then being called and told
that the work had been completed, I got another call saying "Just want to
check with you before we start this service that you're aware that it will
cost $1000".  Needless to say I was a little surprised.  Anyway, after
getting another quote from the other Triumph dealer for $575 I am planning
on taking it to them for the service.

My questions are:

1.  Should I take this opportunity to install the cartridge emulators
instead of having the dealer just replace the fork oil?
2.  How much did you pay for your 12k service?

Thanks.

Chris Warren
01 ST
Houston