Re: [ST] Sprint Deliberations

At 10:32 AM 1/8/2004 -0500, Bil Swartz wrote:
>I've been thinking of trying a couple of those little stick on
>convex mirror button like doo-dads that I spot on alot of
>trucks.  Thinking of sticking 'em into the lower inside corners of the
>mirrors where the elbows usually are seen, anyone tried this that can
>offer some insight?  I think Saeng offers some MC specific adaptations but
>I'd bet you can find these on the cheap at any auto parts store.

I put two rectangular ones for each side that cover the inner 40% or so of the mirrors.  If you miss a car in your blind spot with those installed, you weren't trying.  I have watched cars in the mirrors as they overtake, and I never lose sight of him from the rearview, to the convex side views, to my peripheral vision.  Another motorcycle can even be tracked: I always have at least a sliver of him in one view or another.

Rich Weyand
1999 Sprint ST "NOT RED"