RE: [ST] Futura more touring then Sprint ST?

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:43:06 -0500, Heyer, Matthew A. wrote:

>According to all the press, the Futura is in the sport tourer class bike
>from Aprilia. I don't whole-heartedly disagree, but I don't think it is in
>the same niche as the ST.  The Falco is more like the RS.  A half-faired
>(beautifully, I might add) bike, with ever so slightly more aggressive ergos
>than the ST.  It does not come with hard luggage, but you can get nice soft
>luggage (again, this sounds a lot like the Sprint ST).  My gripe with the
>Futura (aside from it being so damned ugly) is that it is a lot more
>"tourer" than the ST,- it tends to lean more towards an FJ or honda ST.  So
>a more comparable bike to the Sprint to me is the Falco.
>
>Matt
>'01 Sprint ST

I disagree. To me the Futura is very simular to the Sprint ST. I just don't see
how it is more "touring" then the ST. The Futura is much lighter then the FJR
or Honda ST.
I do agree that "The Falco is more like the RS".

David W. Funk
'00 Triumph Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA