Re[2]: [ST] CF Can

On Sunday, November 30, 2003, 8:40:27 AM, ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have had both the stock can and the CF can in my hands
> at the same time. I can NOT believe that one is 11 lbs
> lighter then the other. At best I would say may be 3 lbs.

I agree.  I purchased my CF can from another list member.
During installation, I was able to compare the weight of the
two units and felt very little difference, perhaps, as you
say, two or three lbs.

> Could there be more then one type of Triumph CF can?

Possibly.  I believe the one I purchased was a '00 or '01
model; maybe the later year models were true CF and
therefore lighter weight.

- -Keith
'00 RS - Gone after 33k miles
'03 Blackbird - New in the stable