RE:[ST] Real <proven> benefits of triumph performance exhaust?

I respectfully disagree.

A performance can makes the Sprint a lot easier bike to ride quickly.
Smoother, better low end makes a huge difference in real world riding.
Especially in rolling on the throttle coming out of a corner.

As far as peak power, it's pretty hard to get a big boost in HP without some
serious cam/head/piston/intake/aspiration (i.e. turbo) mods on any motor. A
can and a tune will never give you more than 3.78% peak power boost, if
that.

You won't see a huge difference in peak power, but for everyday riding, a
"performance" can is a great investment.
I have a CF Jardine can on my '02, and had a Triumph CF on my '99.

Good Luck
CA Stu

PS They sound way better than the "Kawi Police 1000" stock can sounds ;-)

In my experience / opinion a change in the muffler (aka "can") rarely makes
any genuine difference in performance.  To get any real boost you would need
to change out the entire exhaust system (i.e. headers, pipes and muffler)
and have it tuned to the particular motor.  That being said, a change in the
muffler can smooth out the torque curve somewhat on modern bikes, given the
EPA mandated noise / emissions standards.  What an aftermarket can really
gives over all other factors is a really cool ~sound~.  It makes the bike
sound like it "should", nothing more, nothing less.  So fergit about any
real performance gains and enjoy that sweet triple howl.

happy trails,

steve duncan
dallas, tejas