Re: [ST] Dallas Motorcycle Show / Faster

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 08:13:43PM -0800, Lisa White wrote:
> As for the bikes we liked the 999 and the Tuono were
> at the top of our list.  As for the Rocket III, it
> looks great, but it's not for me.

I thought it looked pretty good, but man is it huge in person.

> I'm glad we saw Faster on the "big" screen.
> Unfortunately, the auditorium was only 1/2 full.  The
> guy handling the showing made some comment to the
> effect that Dallas must be a Harley town. . . .  I'm
> glad we paid the money to support this independent
> production about MotoGP.  We found it facinating, even
> though the acoustics were not very good in the
> auditorium we were in.  We missed around 1/3 of the
> dialog between the acoustics and the accents.

I'd have to concur with Ewan McGregor:
http://www.fastermovie.com/press_kit/Ewan.html

Ditto all of Lisa's comments about the movie.  I saw it Sunday night,
and the turnout was similar and the audio was "boomy".

Still, I thought it was a great movie and worth the price (I got free
tickets, but would have paid to see it even if I hadn't, just to support
the cause).  I hope it does better at other venues and that other
filmmakers are encouraged to make more films like this and fewer Biker
Boyz and Torque's.

I don't know if you have to follow MotoGP to enjoy Faster.  I do, and I
did.  But I also really liked the interviews with past world champions
and footage of them racing.  I just started watching it last season, and
this was very educational for me.

I'll definitely be buying it on DVD, which is supposed to be "not until
next year," according to http://www.fastermovie.com/news.html

Laters,
Brian
- --