RE: [ST] Real <proven> benefits of triumph performance exhaust?

I put on a PowerMax underseat exhaust and definitely felt a difference in
the bike.  I would say the biggest difference is in how freely the bike revs
up - it does so more quickly.  And that was instantaneous (that is, I put on
the exhaust and rode it for a few days before doing anything else to the
bike like a remap/new tune).  That said, subsequently changing the tune made
another big difference.  The bike seems to have a little more surge to it,
but actually seems a little weaker at really low rpm (i.e. I'm riding the
clutch a little bit more on take-off - I plan on remedying this with a
45-tooth rear sprocket though).  The tune also really seemed to smooth out
the engine in terms of its "gurgle".  The bike was really "gurgling"/maybe
running a little rough when the pipe was first changed - the new tune has
the note and rumble a bit smoother.

On an FYI note - I had the Triumph Hi-performance tune loaded (the
manufacturer informed me that it was proper for this pipe), and I did it at
my 12K mile service, which meant that loading the new tune was included in
the service.

Matt
'01 BRG Sprint ST