RE: [ST] Brakes Arrgh! Brakes

Do NOT split the halves of the calipers.  The Triumph manual specifically
states this.  In fact it is the first thing the triumph manual says under
disassembly of the brake calipers. You only need to pop each piston out one
at a time with compressed air or by pumping the lever.  I find it much
easier to take the piston to my work bench and use compressed air.  Warning
here, use a low pressure setting and cover the piston area with a rag when
you do this.  The pistons come out with great authority and you will smash
anything that is inside the piston that doesn't belong there!

Dan Wallander
www.danwallander.com
VP-TSRA, IBA, AMA, ABC, HSTA
1974 R90/6    1999 Triumph Sprint ST