aka Florida Dawg
www.christiansportbike.com <http://www.christiansportbike.com>
Florida Chapter

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Daniel Wallander
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 6:54 PM
To: ST@TriumphNet. com
Subject: [ST] Track Day

I just experienced my first track day on Sunday and I have to say that I'm
pretty much hooked on the experience!  The ST performed beautifully and we
couldn't have asked for a better day.

Our local Triumph dealer, PJ's Triumph, offered a free track day to anyone
who showed up on a Triumph.  Other bikes paid a $40.00 fee.  It was held at
our local track which has a 7 turn road coarse.  Pretty good turnout with
about 25 Triumphs and 25 others.  We got 4 or 5 (was too excited to count)
15 minute turns on the track with some instruction, but, after the first
turn where they lead us around and showed us the course and corner marks,
we were on our own.

For me, I never got out of second gear, the front straight being good for
over 100mph for experts and me hitting the rev limiter (about 85 in second)
before getting on the brakes for the first corner.  Not having to worry
about center lines, oncoming traffic, blind corners, radar, etc makes this
a whole bunch more fun than doing the same on the street.

This has definitely got me thinking about a track day.  Maybe next summer
at Pueblo, CO....

Pictures at    www.danwallander.com/triumphtrackday2003.htm

Dan Wallander
www.danwallander.com