[ST] Re: (ST) Can + Tune

> managed to pick up a Triumph carbon can
> am I likely to do lasting damage?
> how noisy can I expect this to be ....?

Hi Spud

It won't do any harm, although you may find it runs
unevenly, especially at low rpm. Get the tune ASAP.

It's not too loud, in fact the difference is hardly
noticeable, just a little deeper and gruffer.

But with the race tune too it really improves the low
range running. Much happier about town. At the top end
it makes almost no difference, rev for rev, EXCEPT
that the race tune has a higher rev limit so allows
the engine to rev higher, effectively giving you more
power.

Once I'd fitted the carbon can and tuned my RS I found
it was also well worth gearing down from 19 to 18 to
make the best of the extra oomph. Even geared down it
won't quite reach the new rev limit in top gear with
fat me on board (at 160mph!) but it will now pull
wheelies effortlessly.

Barry
00RS