[ST] ST vs. Tiger

>Now the dilemma........He loves the ST and is faced with the big decision.
>Go for a '03,  go for a used '01  jump ship to a Futura or try a tiger?
>
>The individual likes long trips to the northeast, likes sport riding/touring
>comes in at about 6'-1" 220 lbs (guessing)

Richard & I now have both in the garage.  I tell you that after putting
3,000 miles on the Tiggers, the ST felt like a "toy" bike when I got on
it to go to the hill country this last weekend.  We enjoy both, but they
are two different bikes.  If I had to choose between the two right now,
and I'm glad I don't, the Tiger would have the edge.  Quite frankly,
it's more comfortable for the distance riding, and I can take it where I
can't take the ST.   The front end of the Tigger is not stiff, but then
again, I don't want that on a fire road, and it does corner rather well,
even if not quite as effortlessly, as the ST.  We certainly had no
trouble keeping up on the Tigers with our usual groups of STs at the
TSRA Rallye in New Mexico.

Describing your friend's size and likes, I think he would have a blast
on a Tigger.  He needs to go test ride one and pop onto the Yahoo list
and check things out.

Lisa
'99 Sprint ST (Tornado Red)
'03 Tiger (Lucifer Orange)