RE: [ST] Quick Connector

In this month's "Rider" magazine, there were some "tech tips" for Triumph
owners, including metal replacement quick disconnects for the fuel tank.
Don't remember all the details, but they are for a Duc, from "fast by
Ferracci" and cost about US$10.  I'll dig up the article tonight and post
tomorrow.

Mort Harries
'00 ST

Before you spend the 100.00 for metal you might go to a BMW shop and take a
look
there. I work at a bmw shop and I have on had one fail and that was when I
was
disconnecting it. I have not heard of one failing while on the road. Cost
should
be in the 30.00 range and o rings are about .30 cents. as opossed to the
8.00 I
gave for the triumph connectors. Yes the bmw connectors are plastic but they
do
not fail from what I have seen.

>Sorry, but "thicker/stronger" plastic?  I'd just go ahead and immediately
>replace them with the metal ones.  If I had know about this earlier, I
would
>have changed to metal as soon as I bought the motorcycle whether or not
it's
>under warranty. $100 is worth the extra safety so nobody ends up like Colin

2000 Sprint ST
1988 K75
1966 BSA Lightning
- - --