[ST] dilemma

Hello all,

A friend of mine has totaled his '00 ST (~28k miles)

He had an incident in the rain with a puddle on the highway, the bike went
out from under him he separated from it and slid down the highway some 400
yards. Luckily he was unharmed, and his gear performed as designed!

The bike was quite rideable but the insurance company wrote it off.

Now the dilemma........He loves the ST and is faced with the big decision.
Go for a '03,  go for a used '01  jump ship to a Futura or try a tiger?

I tried to convince him to buy the RS se (SSSA)  from Great Bay but no dice,
can't say I blame him, I'm not that big on the black either, very nice but
it would be better with a metallic on it.

Being equally amorous of the triple I suggested trying a tiger as I know a
few people who love theirs. The change to the tiger would also allow a taste
of something different but the same.  It would retain the benefits of the
triple but in a platform that would be quite different.

The individual likes long trips to the northeast, likes sport riding/touring
comes in at about 6'-1" 220 lbs (guessing)

I am querying the group to see, given the need to walk away from their
current ST

What would you do?

Jay Welsh
'00 Sapphire ST 36k