[ST] Ride for Steak

<niedermeyer>

"You're all _weak_ and _worthless_!!"

</niedermeyer>

The few, the brave, the well-insulated (and believe me, after lunch, I was
better-insulated than when I started!!) set out...and got totally lucky.

Great riding, just a mile or so of salt and sand on the backside of 33;
fresh snow on the sides of beautiful sunlit roads.

It was a bit - brisk. Several people at breakfast in Ojai were
contemplating breaking into Widder to liberate some electric gear.

Lots of fun for me; I hung out and cruised a bunch, then got to go play
with the Ducati on Cerro Noreste, then cruised some more.

Lunch was excellent, and fortunately people felt the steak was worth the
ride!!

It was heart-warming as Jeffers and Hunter held hands walking through the
parking lot, singing showtunes as they headed off to their love nest...er,
motel room...in San Luis Obisbo.

Rode back with Jurij and the ever-smooth Cyndi; he took on us on some nice
agricultural back roads, then over the 154 where he took off. Then Cyndi
and I took the 1 back down past Oxnard to town.

I love that stretch at night...I always think of the William Gibson quote:

"...it's like you're on a motorcycle at midnight, no lights but somehow you
don't need them, blasting along a cliff-high stretch of coast highway, so
fast you hang there in a cone of silence, the bike's thunder lost behind
you. Everything, lost behind you..."

MracD