[ST] re: Tyres: Cupping & Mileage

 dunno about 'cupping' but at 5000mls the Conti-Force tyre fitted to the
front of my 93 Trident was 'blistered' to hell; Conti replaced it FOC but
the replacement is showing signs of 'cupping' at a similar mileage. The
Conti's are keenly priced and I got 6000 miles out of the rear one with 3mm
left, but a 2nd puncture made me think it a good idea to change it. The way
that the front 'Conti' wears makes me think it might be a 'duel-compound; as
the edges disappear at a fair old rate while the centre wears normally.

The best compromise that I found on both my Trident and Sprint ST are
Michelin Macadams. Got 8500 out of the rear on the Trident and 12000 from
the front. Good in both wet & dry and quite reasonably priced compared with
some of the other exorbitantly priced rubber on the market. They work well
on the Sprint ST as well, and are much more keenly priced than the
Bridgestone 020's (which do not last as long in my opinion). I guess its got
a lot to do with the way you ride, but as an all-rounder the Michelins get
my vote.

UK Dave