[ST] Ear Plugs

I have some custom earplugs arriving next week. You go to anywhere that
sells hearing aids. They take a mould of you ear by injecting fast
setting silicon putty in to it. It cost me £50 in the UK which seems
expensive but they should last for a while. I have problems getting the
ordinary ones in and I am hoping these will be better.

Let us know how they work. My experience with several sets of custom plugs
was that I couldn't get them to make an air-tight seal, which means they let
the noise come in. I then ordered a box of 200 pairs of Howard Leight Max-1
plugs which work for me, and cost a lot less than 50 lb. I couldn't find a
website for Leight, but they may be ordered from a safety equipment company,
such as Champion America. <http://www.champion-america.com/contact_us.htm>
(or do your own web-search) The Max-1 is bell shaped, soft,  and can be
rolled up into a small cylinder, that even my narrow ear canals will accept.
Directions on the package.   Dave Collins, San Diego

End of st-digest V2002 #296