[ST] Update on eternally ailing ST

I'm sure you all want to hear me whine and complain some more so here goes.

I took the bike to shop for the "oil in air box" problem on April 25 & was told
"I'll have it done in a couple of weeks."

Last week Tuesday I called (after three weeks) and was told "I'm looking at it
right now and will have it done for the weekend".

Called today (Now nearly four weeks in the shop) and was told "It's on the
bench I'll have it done tomorrow"

I calculated today that since this time last year I've had a Triumph ST in the
shop for well over 100 days. (not all the dealers fault)

This is really the first time I've been strung along by these guys but between
this and all of the other "technical problems" I'm getting to the point where
the hassles far out way any pleasure I'm getting out of this pastime.

If I get the bike back and everything holds together through the summer (what
are the odds of that) I still have to take it in for regular service and even
that's gonna put me over the edge at this point.

I can switch dealers but I already have to drive more than an hour to get to
this one and the next closest adds a half hour onto the trip.

I can file a lemon law claim and either start over again with a new ST or put
the $$ towards another bike that I won't like as much.  Either way I have to go
through the break in and first service routines again for the third time & hope
that I don't get any of the "known problems".

Golf would be a hell of a lot cheaper and not quite as frustrating. (and I suck
at golf)

Sorry for whine fest, I'll be sure to keep you up to date.

Steve Bergman

'01 Sprint ST